National Sales Account Manager
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Sales
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The incumbent will be responsible for the marketing and sales of CF Industries products to customers which are identified as National Accounts. The position will be responsible for developing sales targets, forecasting new growth opportunities, and maintaining a high level of customer communication. The incumbent will also define sales and marketing plans and implement promotional programs across the National distribution network. The incumbent will need to utilize high level of negotiation skills to ensure product pricing across all distribution modes to achieve sales targets while maintaining optimal margins and profitability for CF Industries.
- Builds and maintains an intimate knowledge of the market and the customers. Responsible for achieving the budgeted sales volume and price for the National customer group.
- Ensures the customers’ needs are communicated to sales, marketing and product management teams.
- Develops sales strategies and individual sales plans in line with the overall business strategy and goals.
- Communicate CF pricing strategy, negotiate where necessary, and execute in line with CF business plans.
- Generates and communicates accurate forecasts, sales volumes, and maintains all communications in Salesforce
- Works with product management and distribution groups to ensure order fulfillment is implemented in line with seasonal demand.
- Adheres to all CF Industries policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Create and Maintain a full customer list in Salesforce.
- Identify and log all communications, forecasts, and contacts with customer profiles.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management any internal control deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or equivalent years of experience preferred.
- Proven sales and account management experience of minimum 5 or more years.
- Excellent negotiation skills to skillfully handle tough situations with both internal and external groups.
- Able to gain trust quickly of all parties participating in the negotiation and win concessions without compromising a relationship.
- Excellent interpersonal skills particularly to build long term relationships.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage stress in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Self-starter and able to manage and motivate self and others for results.
Incumbent must be highly motivated and assertive with the ability to take initiative to communicate and build relationships with senior management. Customers are typically large, multi-site enterprises, and encompass almost every state. Incumbent must have good foresight and analytical skills to develop and present forecasts to management. Incumbent must be focused, adaptable to fast paced changes, and willing to travel on short notice. The ability to develop strategic forecasts and communicate historical trends in front of national customers is a must. The incumbent must be willing to work outside of normal business hours to ensure that customers needs are taken care of. This includes nights and some weekends.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.