Sr. Procurement Specialist
Location: Claremore, Oklahoma
Business Area: Procurement
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Senior Procurement Specialist is a safety sensitive position that leads the development and execution of sourcing strategies for assigned areas of spend within the site and across CF. Promotes the CF Industries site procurement and materials control organization by supporting the strategic direction of the company-wide function, all appropriately integrated with relevant business functions. The incumbent provides leadership in identifying and implementing best practices in all procurement processes, and builds supportive internal and external relationships within procurement with other functions, and at the plant management level.
- Leads the development of procurement strategies at the site, regionally and potentially global level in support of the vision and strategic direction of Procurement and Material Control.
- Supports compliance to the procurement process at the site and increases involvement of procurement in alignment with the business.
- Facilitates continuous engagement with the stakeholder community in the procurement process and category management.
- Supports the site based procurement team to deliver to the long term and annual goals of the procurement function in alignment with the business and site specific plans.
- Participates in the long term strategic plan and the annual goal setting process addressing the key areas of cost, safety, risk, reliability, continuous improvement, technology adoption, supplier innovation and service.
- Contributes to improvement in turnaround and capital project planning, contracting and execution.
- Understands and leverages knowledge of the company’s and competitor’s products, industry trends, and superior business practices, and integrates the same into procurement operations in ways that achieve competitive advantage.
- Contributes to the development and execution of the risk management plan that addresses key risks in contract management, supply, supplier management and procurement processes.
- Supports the “One Company” philosophy in all procurement initiatives.
- Manages key supplier relationships in conjunction with stakeholders to increase alignment and value generation between the supplier and CF.
- Drives process standardization and optimization in procurement strategies as well as within the areas of supplier management, risk management, supplier qualification and the procure to pay process.
- Participates in site meetings and support site initiatives around safety, reliability and the community.
- Participates in early planning for turnarounds and key projects; supports required activity during and after turnarounds and key projects.
- Facilitates key interactions across the sites.
- Develops and executes sourcing strategies that increase productivity, improve supplier performance and reduce costs.
- Ensures on-going efficiencies of the procurement and material control functions by reporting quarterly on the progress being made with regard to the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensures and initiates implementation of all procurement related policies, practices and process improvements.
- Participates in and promotes the work of CF category and improvement teams. Supports the material control function to optimize inventory levels, minimize stock outs and sales of obsolete equipment and materials.
- Leads the sourcing process including managing proposals, developing proposal recommendations, negotiating and awarding the final contract and creating and executing supplier transition plans.
- Contributes to supplier qualification efforts including introduction of potential new suppliers.
- Issues contract releases and purchase orders and expedites materials and services as needed.
- Manages the administration of the supply base to include: introduction of new suppliers, evaluating supplier performance, managing insurance requirements and ensuring required training is completed.
- Coaches junior members of the procurement team in sourcing strategy development, contract execution, stakeholder engagement and negotiation.
- Manages appropriate supply and service agreements, and facilitate any necessary improvements to increase accuracy, visibility and productivity and to ensure compliance to the contract management process and any applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Segments supply base on the basis of impact and implements supplier performance management and continuous improvement process accordingly with appropriate KPIs and governance.
- Facilitates claim management including proactive mitigation and resolution.
Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements. Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed. Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related disciplines.
- Six or more years of experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering or other commercial experience.
- Track record of delivering substantial results in a complex organization.
- Experience in developing and deploying regional strategies and processes.
- Certification in procurement or supply management desirable.
- Experience in managing strategic relationships with external suppliers.
- Excellent technical knowledge of good procurement practice including negotiation, demand management, supplier qualification, sourcing, bidding and contracting, supplier performance management and risk management.
- Knowledge of SAP, Coupa and other procurement systems like Avantis.
- Experience in heavy industrial environment and major capital projects.
The Senior Procurement Specialist promotes strategic and operational guidance in key areas of company-wide volume aggregation, the sourcing and procurement processes, stakeholder alignment, process standardization and control, supplier performance, and the development of cost saving synergies.
See what your future holds.
CF industries’ mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our focus on building a culture of quality work, long-term thinking, and supportive communities means we offer the perfect place to learn and get better at what you do, while having a positive impact on the world.
You are smart, ethical and a lot of people consider you resourceful. When you join CF industries, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge, and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas.
Total Rewards at CF
We offer competitive compensation with all employees eligible to receive a bonus and access to retirement plan(s). In addition, we provide comprehensive health, dental, vision benefits and well-being programs and incentives to help meet your physical, financial, emotional, and work-related goals.
CF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive workforce where everyone is valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, creed or religion, age, disability (including pregnancy), results of genetic testing, service in the military, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.