Warehouse/ Materials Control Supervisor
Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi
Business Area: Procurement
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
The Supervisor, Material Control is responsible for the management and safety of the spare parts warehouse and personnel; managing MRO inventory operations including stocking levels, critical capital spares, Ammonia and Nitric Acid Catalyst and staged material, providing security controls of all materials whether held in inventory or staged for future use in the facility. The incumbent will lead the facilities Material Control staff in support of the company’s strategic direction and assist with building an organization that will expertly execute procurement and material control processes. The role will integrate with other relevant business functions; promote strategic and operational functions of the company-wide volume aggregation and standardization; and assist with the development of cost-saving synergies across all functions.
- Supports the annual and long-term goals outlined in the company strategic and detail plans Assists with the creation of a highly collaborative material control culture by providing the appropriate level of support within the organization
- Understands and leverages knowledge of company and competitors’ products, industry trends, and superior business practices, and integrates same into material control operations in ways that achieve competitive advantage
- Supports the “One Company” philosophy in all procurement and material control initiatives
- Assists in the development of long-term and short-term plans that incorporates current and future technology, and future updates and enhancements
- Assists with leading the material control function in pursuit of projects that improve productivity or reduce costs directly or through process improvements associated with handling material, operations and repair activities outlined in the strategic plan
- Provides leadership in obtaining on-going efficiencies of the material control functions for quarterly progress with regard to the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Communicates material control related policies, practices, process improvements, etc. to all affected personnel
- Continuously improve the warehouse safety practices and processes.
- Leads, promotes and works within assigned CF Commodity and Improvement teams, including being a key participant on the corporate wide Material Control Best Practice Team.
- Ensures MRO item activity is documented with warehouse transactions, includes creation of issues, receipts, counts and adjustments; also ensures transactions are created for receipt of all materials received at the facility
- Monitors repairable MRO items to ensure items removed from service, replaced out of repaired materials held in inventory, are returned to the warehouse to be repaired in-house or sent out for repair, and if not repairable are replaced by purchase
- Assists with the evaluation of MRO item stocking levels; includes evaluating inventory turns, identification of duplicate stock items, and annual obsolescence review
- Creates, modifies and suspends MRO items in the inventory item catalog and corresponding item in the purchase item catalog from approved Warehouse Stock Change requests
- Resolves receipt issues with material suppliers; ensures that an adequate audit trail is created (MLP) for all material, equipment, scrap, etc. sent off site; and schedules and monitors cycle counts of the materials held in inventory
- Manages the warehouse operation in accordance with CF Policies and Procedures; includes daily supervision of warehouse staff, establishing and adjusting work schedules, training staff, conduct monthly safety meetings, and establish work priorities
- Responsible for warehouse housekeeping including the interior and exterior of the building(s) and outside yard area(s)
- Monitors fuel inventories, creates replenishment requisitions, maintains and monitors fuel usage logs and perform inspections of fuel storage/dispensing facilities
- Assists Account Payables with the resolution of receipt and invoice issues related to purchases
- Ability to safely operate a forklift in and around warehouse including loading and unloading of vehicles, storage and picking of material from shelving and other warehouse areas
- Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements.
- Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed.
- Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed.
- Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- High School diploma
- Five or more years’ experience in increasingly responsible positions within the material control field with at least two years at a supervisory level
- Knowledge of information technology enabled Material Control practices and internal control objectives
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills required
- Must be proficient with a PC in a Windows environment; fundamental working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel are required
- Ability to properly lift items up to 25 pounds
The MRO inventory is an integral part of the day-to-day support of the continuous operation of the operating facilities. MRO inventory contains individual SKU’s, repairable spares, and capital spares and the warehouse function has overall responsibility for the storage, issue, receipt of all material including non-inventory material and the proper custody and control of all material that flows through the warehouse.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.