Mgr, HR Communications
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Human Resources
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Manager, HR Communications is accountable for enhancing employee adoption of HR programs through effective communications. The incumbent will lead strategic initiatives that set the direction for human resource communications by establishing the HR brand and style guide, as well as the communications portal for content delivery. They will also manage the on-going execution of enterprise-wide communications that support HR initiatives.
- Collaborates with HR functional leaders to develop detailed communications plans that support human resource programs and initiatives, such as recruitment, benefits, wellness, compensation, talent management, recognition, employee engagement and retirees. Applies sound change management principles
- Plans and maintains the editorial calendar for all HR communications activities and coordinates with enterprise Communications department
- Writes and/or edits all HR communications materials, such as emails, web portal updates, print brochures and handouts, as well as scripts for video
- Monitors relevant industry trends and HR news sources to curate ideas and articles for use in newsletters and other HR communications vehicles
- Manages relationship with third-party agency partners and oversees creative design and production of all communications materials
- Gathers and analyzes feedback on communications effectiveness and develops action plans to continuously improve
- Responsible for CF's employer brand and ensuring it is incorporated in all communication materials used across the entire lifecycle of employees, from applicant to retiree, are consistent with brand guidelines
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience in a corporate or consulting setting with responsibilities for communications of human resources programs and has had to think like a content marketer
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required in the areas of print, video and/or electronic media
- Experience with employee communications software / web portals is preferred
- Experience with organizational change management
- Must be PC literate within a Windows environment and be proficient in Microsoft applications
- Well-developed attention to detail and professional standards; strong financial acumen required as well as experience handling having access to confidential Company information.
This is a highly visible position within the Company requiring scrupulous attention to professional behavior in all contacts within and outside the Company. This person will be the voice of Human Resources in the interaction with employees, applicants and retirees. The incumbent is required to possess exceptional and proven abilities to design, create and implement employee communications that drive improved adoption of HR programs and initiatives. The incumbent in this position must be poised, self-confident, and have the ability to adapt communications that speak effectively to the full range of audiences from senior management to plant operations.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, Retirement benefits, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more!
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.