HR Communications Specialist
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Human Resources
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The HR Communications Specialist is an individual contributor role accountable for enhancing employee adoption of HR programs through effective communications. The incumbent will contribute to the full range of communications campaigns targeted at employees and their dependents, as well as applicants and retirees, using both print and digital communications channels that are consistent with the CF brand and style guide. The selected incumbent will need to write compelling content, apply basic graphic design skills to the creation and editing of images, and update various web and email communications platforms.
- Assists the Mgr, HR Communications with developing content for a variety of HR communications campaigns. Content includes both written copy and digital imagery that support the overall objective.
- Contributes to and follows the HR communications editorial calendar to ensure content is produced and distributed on time.
- Supports HR communications campaigns by contributing to research, ideation, strategy, content creation, design, and delivery.
- Writes initial drafts of materials for ongoing HR communications campaigns, such as emails, newsletters, web portal updates, print brochures, and handouts.
- Designs basic graphic elements and digital imagery used in all HR communications campaigns.
- Curates and maintains digital image library for use in HR communications campaigns.
- Applies the CF brand identity, style guide, and persona definitions to content creation.
- Updates and maintains content on all HR intranet pages and the external-facing total rewards website.
- Supports tracking and analysis of statistics to evaluate engagement with communications.
- Applies CF’s Change Management process to projects and campaigns.
- May coordinate with third-party vendors (creative services and print) for the execution of communications project deliverables.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, graphic design, or the equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to successfully perform the responsibilities listed above is required
- Years of experience: 2+ years of related professional work experience preferred
- Other unique job relevant attributes:
- Outstanding writing skills are required to be able to produce content for both digital and print channels and to translate complex information and ideas into engaging content.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic design skills such as color, contrast, sizing, layout, framing, etc. to support communications objectives is required.
- Intermediate skills in the use of Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Spark, etc.) to be able to edit and/or create visually appealing images that support the various communications campaigns are required.
- Experience in a corporate/HR communications role is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of employee benefits programs and/or other HR functional areas is preferred.
- Intermediate skills as a SharePoint Online Power User to manage site content, create sites and pages, build navigation menus, and utilize standard web parts is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage communications campaigns is preferred.
- Breadth of Scope Scope: is within the HR communications area. May work across or interact/coordinate with multiple functions. Impact is limited to the functional area supported.
- Communications and Interpersonal Skills: Regularly communicates both in writing and verbally. Explains ideas and thoughts. Communicates with internal and external customers related to work function. May communicate with others in addition to customers. Information exchanged generally requires basic knowledge. Minimal levels of influence and persuasion are required.
- Complexity: Generally, applies theoretical knowledge of the functional discipline to understand and handle routine challenges or problems. Works within established procedures to handle routine matters specific to the job and function.
- Decision Making Authority: Decisions are governed by established policies and procedures within normal job duties based on prior similar situations and precedents. Seeks guidance and decision-making from supervisor or lead for exceptions.
- Financial Accountability: Decisions made may impact profit or loss however decisions are governed by organizational policies and not personal independent actions.
- Strategic Influence: Does not impact strategic and operational planning and execution.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.