Location: Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
Business Area: Engineering and Engineering Services
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:Provides process engineering expertise in a collaborative environment to enhance the safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally friendly operations of the nitrogen fertilizer plants. As the process technical expert, works with other engineering disciplines as well as operations, maintenance, and EHS to ensure solutions meet overall business objectives.
1. As holistic system thinkers, monitor and report on operational performance process units and key variables impacting plant efficiency, capacity, catalyst performance, emissions, and process safety.
2. Proactively evaluate process and equipment performance to reduce plant upsets and generate solutions to resolve problems with process chemistry and equipment including pumps, compressors, turbines, heat exchangers, absorbers, strippers, boilers, combustion equipment, reactors, and high pressure steam systems.
3. Optimize process performance through troubleshooting, process modeling, data analysis, process tests, and technical support to the operations organization.
4. Complete process engineering studies and provide comprehensive process engineering support during collaborative design of new installations and processes.
5. Help prioritize the development of projects to increase production capacity, improve energy efficiency, and enhance EHS performance.
6. Prepare and review documents including PFDs, P&IDs, scopes of work, and equipment specifications to support the capital process.
7. Review and approve new operational procedures and equipment operating limits. Develop and conduct training for operations and other groups to address significant changes and for annual refresher training.
8. Participate in MOCs, PHAs, LOPA studies, and incident investigations to identify and implement process safety and other EHS solutions.
9. Assist Maintenance and Operations during turnarounds by providing pre-turnaround process engineering recommendations, assisting in planning specialty work, performing equipment inspections related to process issues, coordinating catalyst replacements, and participate in plant restarts.
10. Maintain excellent communication and a professional working relationships with all departments and plant personnel.
Successful incumbents will have:
1. BS degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
2. A minimum of 3 years of process engineering experience is preferred. Experience required working for an operating company in the chemical manufacturing or oil and gas industry.
3. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel throughout the organization.
4. Ability and willingness to collect field data, enter process equipment for inspections, and otherwise perform routine field engineering work in an operating chemical facility environment.
5. Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules on a short term basis to support 24 hour/7 day per week operations, particularly during process unit startups, shutdowns, upsets, and catalyst reductions.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.