Materials Control Coordinator II - US
Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi
Business Area: Procurement
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Material Coordinator II role is responsible for operational tasks performed in the spare parts warehouse including, but not limited to:
• Issuing inventory and other staged materials as requested
• Receiving materials delivered by vendors for replenishment of inventory, future unit outages, and other maintenance, engineering, and operational needs
• Cycle counting inventory items to ensure the highest levels of inventory accuracy are maintained
• Locating and placing items in appropriate bin locations and updating system records
• Assist with security controls of materials held in Material Control’s care, custody, and control
• Maintain the 5S system for all entities under material control’s authority
The incumbent performs operational tasks at the warehouse facilities associated with inventory operations, critical capital spares, Ammonia and Nitric Acid Catalyst, staged and kitted materials.
- Supports the annual and long-term goals outlined in the company strategic and detail plans
- Assists with the creation of a highly collaborative material control culture within the organization
- Supports the “One Company” philosophy in all material control initiatives
- Responsible for verification of materials received are “as ordered” by preforming a match to purchase order and or verification with Procurement; while also verifying material condition and quantity, material identification related to stock number and location, and notification of plant personnel that materials ordered have been received
- Resolves receipt issues by working with procurement and material suppliers related to over shipments, under shipments, and damaged shipments, incorrect material shipments, and delivery of materials to the incorrect CF location
- Signs and dates the appropriate receiving documentation; enters receipts in a timely manner ensuring material accuracy and unit of measure requirements align with the purchase order specifications
- Performs assigned cycle counts in a timely manner, verifying each item’s authenticity and quantity, and reports all variances discovered to the Material Control Supervisor
- Ensures inventory items received daily are placed in the appropriate locations in a timely manner; new inventory items are assigned a location when received, and that location is entered into the system to reflect the item’s location
- Responsible for the housekeeping of individual workspaces, warehouse aisles, warehouse open areas, issuing and receiving stations, dock areas, and proper disposal of waste from these areas
- Prepares shipping memos for material, equipment, scrap, etc. sent off site; including materials returned to suppliers, scrap sales, equipment sent out for repair, disposal of regulated and non-hazardous wastes, and materials sent out for fabrication
- Assists Account Payables with the resolution of receipt and invoice issues related to material receipts
- Safely operate a forklift in and around warehouse including loading and unloading of vehicles, storage and picking of material from shelving and other warehouse areas
- Recognizes and complies with CF safety practices especially where related to hazard identification and reporting, materials handling, material shipping, forklift use, and housekeeping
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
- Potentially oversee Material Control operations in Supervisor’s absence
- Oversee Controls on Staging and Surplus Staging, including the reporting and removal of surplus materials according to CF Policy and Procedures
- Reporting monthly Material Control metrics for review
- Understand the full intent of Material Control Process Controls, and complete and submit all process control reporting as necessary
- Lead efforts to ensure the Material Control team’s awareness and actions follow all CF Safety Strategies
- Develop annual Cycle Count Grouping strategy following CF Finance Policies on annual inventory item counting requirements
- Process all Over, Short & Damaged (OS&D) materials including communication and documentation with other departments and outside vendors
Successful incumbents will have:
- High School diploma (GED or equivalent)
- Three plus years of experience within the material control field required
- Knowledge of Material Control practices and internal control objectives
- Good oral and written skills
- Familiar with PC based data entry systems.
- Ability to properly lift items up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, including Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to analyze data to increase efficiency and accuracy within the material control department
- Ability to operate heavy equipment when needed
The inventory is an integral part of the day-to-day support of the continuous operation of the manufacturing facilities. Inventory contains individual stock items, repairable spares, and capital spares, and the warehouse function has overall responsibility for the storage, issue and receipt of all material including non-inventory material, and the proper care, custody and control of all receivable material that flows through the warehouse.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.