Systems Administrator III
Location: Donaldsonville, Louisiana
Business Area: Information Technology
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Systems Administrator III works as part of the Donaldsonville IT team which is accountable for the overall support and maintenance of server and data center architecture, systems analysis, and communications infrastructure. The Systems Administrator III is responsible for performing routine to more complex administration activities, such as help desk tickets, monitoring performance, installing patches and systems upgrades, scheduling and running jobs.
This is a mid to senior-level individual contributor job and is expected operate independently while executing complex systems administration assignments, such as analyzing system performance, researching, and recommending systems design alternatives. Incumbents at this level are fully functional in all aspects of systems administration across all enterprise platforms. Continuous growth and learning occur with new technologies and environments.
- Provides assistance with the implementation and support of all datacenter functions including servers (physical and virtual), VMware, Dell/EMC storage, Exchange, mobility, system backups and replication, Windows server, Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Citrix
- Provides support to users by assisting with Help Desk tickets
- Ensures established policies and procedures are followed by the team. Contributes to the creation of new or enhanced procedures. Supports standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions across enterprise-wide hardware and software applications.
- Leads and supports project teams related to systems administration, i.e., IT infrastructure modifications and set-up. This work involves analyzing impact of IT projects on the Enterprise Operations infrastructure, evaluating alternatives, recommending solutions, developing work plans for modifications and leading change efforts.
- Participates in enterprise-wide disaster recovery testing.
- Plans and performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance procedures and repair work on servers, applications, and related hardware and software.
- Performs complex diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Performs testing and analysis of all elements of server and storage infrastructure.
- Monitors server performance and recommends action for performance improvement.
- Performs complex troubleshooting of hardware and software problems. May recommend and implement solutions.
- Monitors system logs and monitoring systems to ensure proper functioning of server and security functions.
- Provides assistance for the technical support team as it relates to server systems.
- Participates in regular server patching and maintenance.
- Participates in on-call rotation for after-hours support
- Mentors junior IT Support Specialists and leads them in project execution.
- Represent the Site IT Leader in his/her absence.
- Understands the Plant’s safety culture and its IT needs and is a role model in meeting them.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- AA/AAS level degree in Computer Science, Systems Administration or technical training equivalent is required. BA/BS level degree is preferred.
- 4 – 7 years of professional experience with server and systems-level support
- Candidate should have experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server administration
- MCSA, MCSE, VCP certifications are a plus
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to interface with senior management.
The incumbent in this position has a general knowledge of server systems and operations and is able to provide support and routine maintenance of the infrastructure.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.