Market Research Specialist
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Sales
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Market Research Specialist works to provide the Company with information and analyses of the agricultural and fertilizer sectors. This role supports the Market Research team in data monitoring, collection, maintenance, and precision. The Specialist may contribute to information content generation and publications or presentations. This role is suited for an aspiring analyst or career professional and requires a person with a high degree of attention to detail as well as editing and error-checking skills.
- Maintains/manages extensive databases containing factual information for the U.S. and world agricultural, energy, and fertilizer industries, as well as macroeconomic and trade data. Individuals may specialize in one or several of these industries.
- Inputs and maintains industry data for agricultural and fertilizer supply/demand, trade, and prices. Creates new datasets and databases to support team analyses. Checks and ensures data accuracy.
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on U.S. and world agricultural and fertilizer data. May assist in maintaining CF sales or supply/demand data. Works directly with Research and Sales Analysts to maintain data integration with department models.
- May report on weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual data upon entering into databases.
- Assists with new model/spreadsheet development as required by manager or lead analysts.
- Provides timely responses to ad hoc requests for information and analysis pertaining to the U.S. and world agricultural and fertilizer industries, including CF related requests.
- Assists team with PowerPoint, Word, and other publication development and supports publication design and preparation in conjunction with Research Analysts. Develops geographical maps as requested.
- Works with Manager to track/maintain department budget and publications subscriptions.
- May conduct or assist in conducting market research studies on specific topics of interest to CF Industries. Evaluates and utilizes data and research from various agribusiness consulting firms, extension agencies, and other outside organizations.
- Conducts or assists with special projects as assigned or requested by department or product management, as time permits.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (economics or business preferred)
- Strong analytical background; self-starter and takes initiative
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software; familiarization with or aptitude to learn data visualization tools; code experience with R or Python a plus
- Prior fertilizer industry experience is not required
The Market Research function provides the Company with forecasts, analysis and factual information about agriculture and the fertilizer industry. The work performed by this group supports tactical decisions made by the Company’s sales and supply chain groups, strategic decisions made by senior management, and provides key parameters on which the Company’s financial projections are based.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.