Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Engineering and Engineering Services
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:The Project Engineer is responsible for designing, planning, and managing construction of engineering projects for Distribution Facilities. Project work includes: conducting technical audits and investigations into processes of each terminal facility within CF Industries’ distribution system; overseeing and ensuring proper maintenance, operation, and installation of installed equipment; designing and establishing the specifications for assigned project installations; and overseeing and ensuring proper procedure of all project work from inception through completion.
Key Job Elements:
- Provides engineering assistance to ensure compliance with all laws/regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Serves as resource regarding facility operation in the areas of; process evaluation/improvement, project definition, development and implementation; and, specifications for repair parts and replacement items
- Coordinates field work of and controls/monitors on-site contractors.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of project budgets for Approval for Expenditures (AFEs) or Non-Routine Maintenance (NRMs).
- Controls/monitors project costs within corporate guidelines.
- Maintains ongoing familiarization with all procedures, equipment, and processes.
- Creates and maintains process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), electrical drawings, and instrumentation loop diagrams.
- Assists and provides engineering support to Distribution Facility personnel.
- Other projects as assigned.
Successful incumbents will have:
BS in Engineering from an ABET-accredited program with preference toward electrical engineering.
Three to seven years’ experience related to facility design, operations, and regulations.
Candidates should have experience and willingness to assist with establishing a robust electrical design process and standards. This includes instrumentation standards and best practices, interlock narratives, and control schemes.
Ability to effectively communicate/interact with all employee levels.
Ability to organize/prioritize projects and related tasks and exercise independent judgment.
Ability to gain sound knowledge of all terminals throughout distribution system and be able to recognize potentials for improvement.
This position is critical to project design, evaluation and execution in all areas related to Distribution Facilities. Travel to facilities and related conferences/seminars is required as needed. Typical annual time spent traveling is approximately 40%. Trips are typically within North America and last 1-3 day/1-2 nights.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.