Chief Project Engineer
Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi
Business Area: Engineering and Engineering Services
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:Responsible for all Project Engineering related activities. Directs the work of the Project Engineering group at the Yazoo City Complex. Provides technical support and expertise on key capital projects.
- Supervision of Project Engineering group.
- Insure project engineering activities are performed to enhance safety, equipment reliability, energy efficiency, production capacity and compliance with regulatory statutes.
- Manage preparation of AFE’s.
- Implements projects by coordinating with Operations and Maintenance as needed.
- Insures projects meet plant specifications and requirements.
- Follows design codes and insures designs are technically correct.
- Coordinates with local contractors and engineering companies where strengths are best executed.
- Oversees the design work of engineers, draftsmen and contract personnel.
- Works on special projects as required.
- Supervise the project engineering department of a nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing facility consisting of three project engineers.
- Assess and prioritize improvement, sustaining, environmental, health, and safety capital requests. Assign personnel to develop scopes, submit Authorizations for Expenditures (AFE), design, and execute capital projects.
- Manage the facility’s capital project budget averaging approximately $20MM in annual cash flow. Plan, track, and adjust spending based on facility needs, corporate initiatives, and financial restrictions.
- Coordinate execution of projects with Operations, Maintenance, and Administrative departments to confirm the facility’s goals are maintained.
- Ensure all project activities consider safety, equipment reliability, energy efficiency, production capacity, and compliance with regulatory statutes.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of construction packages developed by designers to support maintenance work and small capital projects.
- Responsible for the performance and development of employees in the department.
Personnel Supervision and Development
- Oversees the work assignments of the Project Engineers and directs toward technical needs related to operational needs.
- Oversees project work executed by Process/Plant Engineers
- Works to improve engineers’ technical abilities by focusing on individual development plans and coordinating those with the needs of the organization.
- Provides technical evaluation of projects related to nitrogen manufacturing for the company.
- Assists with cost estimate analyses related to business opportunities in the nitrogen business.
Position reports to: Engineering Manager
Direct Reports: 3 Exempt
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, experience, and special skills)
- More than 10 years experience in an engineering capacity
- Engineering degree, preferably mechanical or chemical
- At least five years’ experience in an industrial chemical manufacturing plant
POSITION SCOPE/CONTRIBUTION: (Indicate qualitative and quantitative factors which help define the level of responsibility and its contribution to the company, e.g., size of operation, output volumes, internal/external contacts, cost savings impact, travel, unusual working conditions, etc.)
This position provides the engineering support necessary to implement AFE projects in Yazoo City.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.