Site Procurement and Material Control Manager
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
Business Area: Procurement
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:Reports to the Director, Procurement & Material Control.
CF Industries is currently seeking a Manager, Site Procurement & Material Control to join our Procurement Department, located at our Medicine Hat Complex.
The Manager plays an essential role in leading the site procurement and materials control team by supporting the strategic direction of the company-wide function and building an organization that will expertly execute procurement and material control processes, all appropriately integrated with relevant business functions.
Promote strategic and operational guidance in the key areas of company-wide volume aggregation and standardization, supplier base optimization, and the development of cost-saving synergies across all functions and locations.
You will be the champion for identifying and implementing best practices in all procurement and material control processes and builds supportive internal and external relationships within procurement and material control, with other functions, and at the plant management level.
What you’ll do:
- Leads the site-based procurement team to deliver to the long term and annual goals of the procurement function in alignment with the business and site-specific plans.
- Serves as the owner of the procurement process at the site and engages strategically to transform procurement processes and increase accountability of procurement in alignment with the business.
- Participates in the long-term strategic plan and the annual goal setting process addressing the key areas of cost, safety, risk, reliability, continuous improvement, technology adoption, supplier innovation and service.
- Drives improvement in turnaround and capital project planning, contracting and execution.
- Creates a highly collaborative procurement and materials control culture by providing the appropriate level of communication, governance and metrics.
- Understands and leverages knowledge of the company’s and competitor’s products, industry trends, and superior business practices, and integrates the same into procurement operations in ways that achieve competitive advantage.
- Enables and manages the capability improvement of the procurement and material control team members in all areas of leadership, behaviors and procurement competencies in order to enhance business results and succession planning.
- Ensures on-going efficiencies of the procurement and material control functions by reporting quarterly on the progress being made with regard to the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Participates in site leadership meetings and support site initiatives around safety, reliability and the community.
- Leads the procurement function at the site in pursuit of sourcing strategies that increase productivity, improve supplier performance and reduce costs.
- Drives process standardization and optimization in procurement strategies as well as within the areas of supplier management, risk management, supplier qualification and the procure to pay process.
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- Experience in industrial environment, knowledge of chemical manufacturing and major capital projects.
- The following would be considered an asset but not limited to:
- Certification in procurement or supply management desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP, Ariba and other procurement systems.
- Leadership: Demonstrated knowledge, skills, abilities, and attributes to perform successfully in the key areas of People Leadership, Results Leadership, Thought Leadership & Self Leadership.
- Technical Knowledge: Procurement practices including negotiation, demand management, supplier qualification, sourcing, bidding and contracting, supplier performance management and risk management
- Coaching and training: Ability to empower others through active listening, collaboration, training, education and technical advice.
- Complex problem solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and decision-making: An understanding of your own personal knowledge and limitations when considering long and short-term decisions and recommendations.
The posting will close on November 3rd, 2022. Please submit a Cover Letter & Resume with your application.
Total Rewards at CF
We offer competitive compensation with all employees eligible to receive a bonus and access to retirement plan(s). In addition, we provide comprehensive health, dental, vision benefits and well-being programs and incentives to help meet your physical, financial, emotional and work-related goals. We also offer competitive vacation, flex time and our Scheduled Day Off Program (SDO).
How We Grow - We recruit those who are interested in a career with CF Industries and develop and promote people from within through our Talent Management System. Our system also allows you to connect and network/mentor with other professionals in different departments and areas across our organization. This system guides how we hire, how we train, who we promote, how we reward, and more!
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.