Manager, Executive Compensation
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Human Resources
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Manager, Executive Compensation is responsible for all aspects of the Executive Compensation programs as well as the short-term incentive program. The incumbent manages the build-out of Compensation Committee materials and supports the annual process, in partnership with the broad-base compensation team.
- Manages all aspects of employee equity program. Tracks, evaluates, and administers the plan for each participant and ensures compliance with all federal rules and regulations. Keeps abreast of regulations and administers and re-designs plans accordingly.
- Coordinates preparation, distribution and processing equity awards with appropriate vendors, Payroll, Corporate Financial Reporting, Legal and Treasury departments.
- Oversees all incentive related matters. Administers incentive plan payout calculations based on metric results and communicates with all participants.
- Draft, review and finalize all materials for CF’s Compensation Committee meetings. Includes maintaining relationship and partnership with the Compensation Committee’s independent outside compensation consultant.
- Utilize data analytics to support and drive all Executive Compensation programming and decisions.
- Prepares all new hire/promotional award agreements and discusses the plan specifications with the participants. Ensures all documents are properly signed and filed.
- Manage participation in various third-party surveys designed to identify competitive executive compensation practices.
- Partner with Legal, Finance and Investor Relation departments in creating all public filings, including annual report, proxy and Form 4s.
- Partner with broad-base compensation team to successfully administer the organization’s annual process.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned
- Education: BS/BA in a related field or equivalent experience typically required to complete all essential job
- Years of experience: At least 5 years of related professional experience is typically required to complete all essential job functions. Prior experience supervising staff is required.
- Other unique job relevant attributes:
- Workday experience a plus
- Breadth of Scope: Scope is typically based on a single functional area or but may manage multiple functional areas. Typically provides broad coordination across functions given the nature of a second level manager. Impact is generally limited to functions managed however may vary based on the specific role.
- Communications and Interpersonal Skills: Regularly communicates both in writing and verbally. Communicates with broad range of contacts. Information exchanged requires advanced knowledge in multiple areas. Moderate influence and persuasion are expected, particularly with regard to subordinates.
- Complexity: Able to solve typical problems that are encountered. Able to diagnose most situations by interpreting data and comparing to similar scenarios. Work involves detailed planning of own activities and immediate work team. May involve resource planning beyond work team. Advanced level of logical reasoning and critical thinking are required.
- Decision Making Authority: Decisions are complex and impact area(s) managed and possibly impact areas not directly managed. More independent judgment is expected and used. Has accountability for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function. Receives guidance and oversight from manager.
- Financial Accountability: Given the size and scope of the function, revenue and expense are impacted based on the manager’s performance and results of oneself and those managed.
- Strategic Influence: Primarily impacts the execution and achievement of short-term strategies through employees directly and indirectly managed. May also participate in the execution and achievement of long-term strategies. Decisions made are likely to impact the business on a short-term basis.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.