Financial Credit Analyst III
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Finance & Accounting
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Function:Finance & Accounting
Job Summary:The Credit Analyst III works as part of the Corporate Credit team which is accountable for managing the risks associated with selling approximately $6 Billion of agricultural and specialty chemicals annually to business customers globally.
The Credit Analyst III performs complex analysis on accounts to review credit worthiness. Assists with the development and implementation of new policies and processes.
The Credit Analyst III is fully functional in handling all facets of the Credit function. Continuous growth and learning occurs with new technologies and environments.
- Actively manage and control delinquent accounts to limit risk and reduce bad debt losses
- Establish credit lines on all new and existing accounts up to $XXX. Gathers information to determine which level of account review is required.
- Provides training to more junior level credit staff, accounting team, and Sales / Account Specialists regarding credit policies and procedures.
- Prepare and analyze reports such as aging report, customer and supplier exposure report, bad debt, and sales reports. Provide management summaries of customer payment habits and recommend action such as changes to the payment terms, credit limits, and/or terms.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- BA/BS level degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent is required; or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- 3 – 7 years of professional experience with commercial credit, in a business-to-business environment.
- Candidate should have Expert level skills with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and SAP.
- Certified Credit and Risk Analyst (CCRA) designation is preferred
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.