Human Resources Specialist
Location: Donaldsonville, Louisiana
Business Area: Human Resources
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The HR Specialist is responsible for a wide range of Human Resources related duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. This person has extensive knowledge of company HR policies and provides direction and guidance to all employees.
This position contributes to positive employee relations through effective communication and interaction with employees.
- Actively supports and contributes to the site safety culture through continuous participation in EHS safety programs and initiatives
- Remains current on federal and local employment and labor laws
- Works with confidential data and provides interpretation and counsel to employees regarding human resources policies, processes, and procedures
- A resource for employee inquiries related to benefits, payroll and compensation
- Remains current with knowledge of human resources processes, trends and information
- Maintains HRIS and provides general administrative support
- Coordinates and facilitates specific HR training when necessary
- Provides support to site talent acquisition efforts to ensure we have the right talent to fill open positions
- Coordinates and champions HR related programs and activites
- Assists with various company functions
- Contributes to special projects as requested
Successful incumbents will have:
- Strong working knowledge of human resource practices, procedures, principles and strategies with five or more years of related professional experience
- College degree or equivalent, with a concentration in Human Resources preferred
- Ability to work with confidential information appropriately
- Professional demeanor with good presentation and communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in a manufacturing environment desirable
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) card
- Ability to prove drug and alcohol free at random or for cause
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.