Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Sales
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The ideal candidate for this role will support the sales team by managing contracts from placement through completion while working closely with account managers, supply chain, accounting, manufacturing plants, and product management to ensure all customer concerns and needs are met. A successful Account Specialist will ensure customer satisfaction while becoming well versed in all aspects of CF’s business.
- Complete all required duties: contract maintenance, order creation, delivery schedules, balance adjustments, and any other tasks as needed
- Maintain thorough and consistent communication with internal and external customers to ensure all needs are met, ranging from timely shipment to day-to-day inquiries
- Use internal systems/databases to create orders, issue credits/debits, inventory adjustments, assemble proper backup documentation, and review customer data as needed
- Assist with the approval process for disputes, customer concerns, fee adjustments, and contract related changes
- Be the main point of contact for any changes that occur with customer accounts
- Collaborate with the Sales, Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting, Logistics, and Marketing teams to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Be engaged and energetic to learn about all aspects of CF’s business including production capabilities, industry trends, and information about CF products and markets
- Opportunities to travel to meet with customers, visit production facilities, and storage terminals
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Well-developed communication skills for internal and external relations
- Good organization, administrative, and task management skills
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills. Must be able to exercise independent judgment within established guidelines
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to learn and navigate computer systems, SAP, and proprietary CF software
- Familiarity with fertilizer/chemical industry, supply chain, or logistics is a plus, but not required
- Ability to add to the CF culture in which everyone strives to succeed
A successful candidate in this position will have strong communication, organization, and problem-solving skills. They will be a key resource for the sales team in maintaining and completing all contracts and orders. Through system navigation, business processes, and teamwork, a successful account specialist will build relationships with customers and work to see all sales through to completion. Along the way, an account specialist will be solving the issues that come up in complex transactions. The job changes daily and allows one to be constantly engaged, learning, and developing. The position allows for numerous learning opportunities, special projects, and potential growth within the company. Travel is not mandatory but occasionally encouraged in order to build a better understanding of the business and the industry. After-hours support is required on a rotating basis through the team.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life, and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge, and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.