Manager, Market Research and Analysis
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Sales
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Manager, Market Research and Analysis is responsible for leading the activities of the Market Research and Analysis department, including policies, practices, and analysis methodology. The incumbent provides CF Industries leadership with information, analyses and forecasts of the agricultural and fertilizer industries.
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on the U.S. and world agricultural and fertilizer situation and prepares forecasts for each sector, providing frequent updates to Sales leadership and team.
- Responsible for managing three to four direct reports that conduct analysis and maintain/manage extensive databases containing factual information on the U.S. and world agricultural and fertilizer industries; oversees industry supply/demand and cost of production analysis and forecasts.
- Presents data/analyses/studies concerning the U.S. and world agricultural and fertilizer industries via written reports and oral presentations to CF senior management, customers, and other internal and external constituents.
- Leads and develops team in data collection, organization, and automation processes. Requires proficiency in R Studio programming and application for data management and analysis.
- Responsible for analyzing prices, including scheduling and presenting monthly fertilizer price forecast and long-term price forecasts used by Sales and Financial Planning and Analysis groups for annual and quarterly earnings projections, sales forecasting, and used to set CF’s annual budget and long-range Plan.
- Supports the development of CF’s fertilizer strategy, working closely with Sales product teams and Financial Evaluations on various projects, including strategic initiatives and potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Provides timely responses to ad hoc requests for information and analysis pertaining to the U.S. and world agricultural and fertilizer industries. Contributes to Sales Strategy, Board Items, Monthly Sales Review, Investor Relations/quarterly materials, and other presentations.
- Supports the Company’s Washington Office by providing information, data and analytical support on matters relating to agriculture and fertilizer. Keeps abreast of legislative issues that may impact agriculture, the fertilizer industry or fertilizer consumption.
- Conducts market research studies on specific topics of interest to CF Industries. Occasionally evaluates and utilizes data and research from various agribusiness consulting firms and conducts field surveys to obtain market information. Contributes to the Company’s clean energy initiatives, including developing market evaluations and forecasts.
- Responsible for working with fertilizer groups, such as TFI, CFI and IFA, to represent CF’s view on various topics.
- Conducts or assists with special projects as assigned by Vice President, Market Research, Planning, and Analysis.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Master’s Degree (masters in Agricultural Economics or Business)
- Strong analytical background
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of spreadsheet/graphic/word processing/internet software and advanced experience in R or similar statistical/analytical coding language
- Five years of direct experience or proven ability in the field with statistical analysis programming experience
- Prior fertilizer industry experience is preferred though not required
- Strong managerial skills to manage, develop and mentor direct reports
The Market Research and Analysis function provides the Company with forecasts, analysis and factual information about agriculture and the fertilizer industry. The work performed by this group supports tactical decisions made by the Company’s marketing and logistics groups, strategic decisions made by senior management, and provides key parameters on which the Company’s financial projections are based.
The Manager, Market Research and Analysis is responsible for the department’s database, nitrogen fertilizer capacity list and nitrogen costs by country and company. The incumbent carries out and leads research and development activities. Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results. Compiles results and prepares technical reports and documentation of outcomes. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.