Sr. Sales Analyst
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Sales
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Senior Sales Analyst is a critical role supporting the Sales Planning and Analysis team to capture and organize relevant commercial and market data into actionable insights using a variety of sources and developing impactful reporting. The candidate will develop story-driven insights and in-depth analyses to influence strategic business decisions. Exposure to senior and sales management may be required.
The Senior Analyst collects data, compiles reports, interprets data, and provides information and recommendations to the sales and product teams. The position helps support the analysis of historical sales performance, planning and projection of future sales and will actively participate in planning meetings with key leaders as a subject matter sales data expert.
Collects and analyzes quantitative & qualitative data for department deliverables and sales projects:
- Organizes, coordinates, and updates historical sales databases, including supply related data, such as production and inventory by plants.
- Analyzes and prepares sales volume and price variance explanations for use by financial/accounting and investor relations department.
Constructs analytical models, including the following activities:
- Collaborate with business partners such as Manufacturing, Sales, Supply Chain, and others to investigate analytical opportunities.
- Formulate and developing parameters for the analysis.
- Lead a comprehensive quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Summarize, identify, and present key findings and insights.
- Develop recommendations for appropriate course(s) of action.
Serve as the internal sales expert for sales volume forecasts for annual plan and projections throughout the year.
- Coordinate with Finance, Manufacturing, and Sales Product Teams to develop the sales volume forecast by product.
Develops presentations to summarize historical sales volume and pricing for sales management, senior management, and Board of Directors.
Serves as the central point of contact for data and ad-hoc analytic requests related to sales analytics.
Promotes continuous system improvements that increase efficiencies and enhance departmental databases and models.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in analytical position or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics/business preferred. MBA highly desirable.
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; ability to work with multiple systems/sources and combine data; an expert in data collection.
- Ability to think critically, listen reflectively, consider many points of view on a topic, recognize connections, to guide leadership decision making process.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively across functional areas and with all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with database management, statistics, and mapping applications (Tableau) preferred.
- Self-motivated, conceptual thinker, and ability to work with minimal direction.
Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements. Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.