Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi
Business Area: Engineering and Engineering Services
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:The Engineering Manager provides administration and coordination of all project, process, and plant engineering activities within the Complex to ensure safe and reliable operations of equipment within the fiscal budgets. The manager has oversight of the team that assures compliance with applicable codes and standards, including sustaining a world class mechanical integrity program covering and overseeing repairs to fixed assets at the Complex. The successful candidate will possess excellent leadership and communication skills and foster healthy and collaborative relationships with other the Managers of other departments. Additionally, this position will network with other Engineering Managers throughout CF Industries to share best practices and assure reliable and technically competent execution of project, process, and plant engineering work across the Yazoo City Nitrogen Complex.
- Ensure awareness of and compliance with corporate and facility EHS policies and standards throughout their department. Additionally, promote timely follow-up to action items from both internal and external investigations and audits.
- Actively support and participate in established corporate and facility-based Environment, Health, and Safety initiatives, and assist in the proposal and development of new initiatives as required.
- Support and enhance facility incident reduction initiatives through personal engagement and promoting individual accountability for safety performance within the Engineering Department and across the broader organization.
- Provide direction and coordination of engineering staff resources to ensure the fulfillment of departmental goals, including definition of major areas of responsibility, training and development requirements, performance management, and corporate reporting requirements.
- Maintain a high ethical and professional standard to ensure a competent staff of technical and administrative personnel capable of achieving present and future objectives.
- Facilitate developmental opportunities for department employees and assist in the process of identifying and developing high potential individuals across the site.
- Actively mentor and provide guidance to appropriate personnel to assist in development of future supervisory and management candidates for operations, maintenance and engineering departments.
- Assist in the manpower planning process and the recruitment of required manpower resources for the Engineering Department and key roles that interface with the Engineering Department on a regular basis.
- Prepare and administer annual department operating budget and actively participate in the facility budgeting process.
- Manage the Chief Project Engineer, who is responsible for the site capital budget process, project development and execution, , and regular reporting of capital projects.
- Manage the Chief Process Engineer, who is responsible for providing technical support for the plant operation team to monitor energy efficiency, production, and equipment performance, and propose improvements/modifications to operation when needed.
- Ensure reporting and record keeping activities of the Engineering group meet the requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide detailed engineering support to monitor and progress the site Management of Change process.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analyses, both for new projects/processes as well as revalidation of studies from existing processes.
- Assure the Plant engineering team actively participates in plant routine maintenance and turnaround and/or plant shutdown activities with the purpose of maintaining the Complex equipment and piping to assure reliability and the safety of employees, contractors, guests, and the community. Develop, review, update and approve site design specifications for equipment (fixed and rotating).
- Manage and maintain site document control system.
- Actively participate in the Crisis Communication Team.
- Establish and implement process and procedures to meet departmental internal control requirements. Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed. Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
- Serve as a potential delegate for General Manager in his/her absence.
- Have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all relevant codes and standards applicable to the facility (API, ASME, PSM) and assure the facility is in compliance with Mechanical Integrity requirements for the facility.
- Encourage and promote efficiency, productivity and quality improvements working together with operation and maintenance teams.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, experience and special skills)
- BS degree (Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering).
- Preferred 10 years’ minimum progressive experience in a PSM standard covered plant. Preference will be given to fertilizer manufacturing, petrochemical or refining experience.
- Proven technical and supervisory skills in a plant environment, including mentoring, coaching and leadership.
- Strong background in project management and implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization, from hourly employees to senior executives of the company.
- Competent with applicable codes, regulations and standards.
- Legally eligible to work in the USA.
- Ability to travel internationally. Job requires roughly 10% travel (primarily within North America).
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must be willing to relocate to other company locations.
- Must successfully obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential card (TWIC).
Successful incumbents will have:
- Commitment to, and demonstrated passion for, achieving an incident free work place, with track records of demonstrated and active involvement in structural systems improvements. Experience with behavioral based safety programs is a plus.
- Effective organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Physical capability, availability, willingness, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal and influential skills.
- Strong computer related skills with excellent presentation skills and capability to positively influence peers and company senior management team.
- Good work ethics that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and environment.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated in advancing to the highest level possible.
- High functioning engineering knowledge and related work experience.
- A passion for learning CF plant technologies.
- Significant experience working on plant based projects from concept through to commissioning.
- Experience developing and managing execution of facility capital plan.
- Demonstrated track record of continuous plant improvement and efficiency, energy reduction and increased production rates.
- Senior leadership team experience with strategic plant visioning and commitment to the wider CF team as a whole.
- Strong financial aptitude, with strong compliance/control behaviors with regard to asset management / depreciation / capital plan justification.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.