Senior Project Engineer
Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi
Business Area: Engineering and Engineering Services
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:This position is accountable for project engineering management on small to mid-sized projects, troubleshooting potential mechanical problems and recommending mechanical or process improvements to increase and maximize plant efficiency.
- Engineer and prepare mechanical equipment specifications relative to plant modifications and repairs.
- Monitor and perform project management responsibilities on small to mid-sized engineering projects typically less than $5MM.
- Provide oversight to 3rd party engineering, fabrication, and installation contractors.
- Scope, estimate, design, schedule, and execute assigned projects.
- Provide equipment-based or repair technique-based engineering support for the Engineering Department and Maintenance Department.
- Monitor and inspect mechanical equipment during outage opportunities and turnaround at this location to ensure mechanical efficiency and initiate necessary action as deemed necessary.
- Inspect fabricated equipment at the vendor’s location relative to pre-determined specifications and monitor said vendors progress to ensure compliance with schedule.
- Maintain satisfactory communications and relations with contractors and governmental agencies.
- Assist in the area of contract negotiations relative to project work.
- Prepare reports, make required disposition, and maintain necessary departmental files.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide process or mechanical engineering support to the operating areas on and as needed basis.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from ABET accredited university required. Mechanical or Chemical degree preferred, but open to Civil, Electrical or Construction Management with applicable experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with capital project development and/or execution required.
- Specific knowledge and experience relative to fertilizer plant operations preferred but not required. Experience with rotating equipment and engineering standards. Demonstrated management/supervisory skills and contract negotiations relative to construction projects.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.