Category Manager, Corporate Procurement
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Procurement
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Category Manager (Corporate) leads the procurement efforts for CF Industries’ corporate functions including IT, Finance and HR. The incumbent will be accountable for creating and facilitating the development of sourcing strategies, executing sourcing events, managing the contract lifecycle, and monitoring performance. The role is also responsible for managing ongoing supplier relationships, monitoring risks, and leading various procurement initiatives.
- Leads sourcing strategies including development and execution of RFI's and RFP's, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develops requirements and drives the selection and approval process of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Develops negotiation strategies, gains alignment from stakeholders, leads cross-functional negotiation teams, and implements appropriate supplier risk analysis.
- Leverages strong project and change management skills to drive improvements in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels, improved coordination, delivery, pricing, lead-times, payment, risk compliance and other areas as identified.
- Contributes to the development and execution of the risk management plan by addressing key risks in category management, contract management, supplier management and procurement processes.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure that delivery dates and technical and contractual requirements are met. Participates in strategic meetings with suppliers and business leaders to ensure execution of defined strategies.
- Develops and executes sourcing strategies to increase productivity, improve supplier performance and reduce costs.
- Obtains bids and quotations for defined areas of spend including preparation of bid packages, evaluation of bids, and developing initial supplier selection recommendations.
- Manages the corporate contract lifecycle and ensures compliance to the contract management process.
- Analyses category and procurement spend and trends to drive cost savings.
- Issues contract releases, purchase orders and expedites goods and service orders as needed
- Manages the administration of the supply base to include introduction of new suppliers, evaluating supplier performance, managing insurance requirements, and ensuring required training is completed.
- Manages appropriate supply and service agreements, and facilitate any necessary improvements to increase accuracy, visibility, and productivity and to ensure compliance to the contract management process and any applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Ensures implementation of all procurement related policies, practices, and process improvements.
Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements. Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed. Works with Policy, Process and Controls Team to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and implements corrective actions regarding department internal controls as necessary.
- Position Reports To: Manager, Procurement Performance and Planning
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- Six or more years of experience in procurement, supply chain, contract management or other commercial experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of good procurement practice including negotiation, demand management, supplier qualification, sourcing, bidding, and contracting, supplier performance management and risk management.
- Working knowledge of procurement category management; experience in corporate services and IT is desirable.
- Experience in supplier relationship management and supplier performance management.
- Strong contract negotiation skills, ability to drive favorable terms and conditions.
- Certification in procurement or supply management desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP/S4, Coupa and other procurement systems.
Incumbents in this position are responsible for leading the corporate category sourcing, contracting, supplier management and risk management activities. In addition, this role will support procurement related service platforms, metrics reporting and internal control compliance.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.