Location: Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
Business Area: Engineering and Engineering Services
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:The Plant Engineer provides engineering support in order to maintain continuous plant operations and high efficiency. This position serves as a key technical resource in solving problems relating to stationary and rotating equipment, covering daily plant needs as well as program and project responsibilities. The Plant Engineer implements solutions to continuously improve reliability and reduce maintenance cost. This position supports plant safety and mechanical integrity through development of procedures and predictive/preventative maintenance plans.
Key Job Elements:
1. Serves as a lead site technical resource for piping systems and stationary equipment
2. Leads efforts to ensure site practices & documentation are in compliance with PSM Mechanical Integrity standard
3. Assists site Mechanical Integrity Engineer and inspectors with planning, scheduling, execution, and documentation of stationary equipment and piping inspections
4. Works with site maintenance team, inspectors, and contractors to ensure repairs are performed according to specifications and properly documented
5. Develops, reviews & updates site maintenance and mechanical integrity procedures
6. Leads troubleshooting efforts related to equipment issues onsite and documents findings
7. Conducts failure analyses & reports on findings to avoid recurrence
8. Provides technical support for emergency maintenance work off-hours as needed
9. Manages projects for upgrade or replacement of site mechanical equipment
10. Assists in the specification and review of new equipment prior to purchase and recommends proper selections including spare parts lists
11. Acts as the mechanical acceptance specialist on newly installed equipment to assure proper installation and that the equipment will be mechanically reliable
12. Designs & implements predictive & preventive maintenance programs for critical equipment
13. Assists the maintenance department with planning of site turnarounds, shutdowns, and special projects. Provides input with regards to schedule, development of job lists, ordering of parts and materials, sequencing of jobs around a critical path, and sizing of work crews based on job estimation
14. Performs reviews of inventory spare parts and submits recommendations for inventory adjustments
15. Effectively communicates reliability concerns to management and other affected personnel
1. Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited school required, preferably Mechanical Engineering
2. A minimum of 3 years of maintenance/reliability engineering experience is preferred. Experience required working for an operating company in the chemical manufacturing, refining, or oil and gas industry.
3. Solid working knowledge of rotating equipment, piping systems design and maintenance, pressure vessel specifications and maintenance, inspection techniques, and manpower coordination
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills
5. Proficiency in basic computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Avantis or other CMMS
6. Knowledge of industrial codes & standards (API, ASME, ANSI, OSHA, State)
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.