IT Project Manager
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Business Area: Information Technology
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Project Manager will work closely with the Director of Information Security and is responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, governing, and completing projects of varying size and complexity. The incumbent will manage project teams, provide communications to the Project Sponsor and stakeholders, and ensure quality control throughout the project life cycle.
- Manage a portfolio of projects that are within teh Sales & Supply Chain vertical.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Provide on-site leadership to project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Monitor and provide project status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across project stakeholders and management
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
- Understand interdependencies between technology and business needs
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders
- Set direction, establish processes and provide guidance around how to effectively deliver Project Management Services to the organization
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices Coordinate the implementation of standard project management process and methodologies, using PMI best practices and success metrics
- Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements.
- Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed. Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed.
- Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or other related fields
- 3+ years of project management experience; PMP certification
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated leadership ability managing teams in a matrix environment
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Proven upper management presentation skills, impeccable time management skills, and ability to work with all levels of management
- Experience working with Sales or Logistics teams a plus
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.