Superintendent - Terminal
Location: Rosemount, Minnesota
Business Area: Operations
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:A critical leadership position within CF, a distribution terminal superintendent is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a liquid fertilizer storage and handling facility. As a supervisor of several staff, you will manage a team to safely implement all planned work, ensure daily operational excellence, allocate and monitor budgets, implement site security guidelines, and guarantee regulatory compliance. The superintendent is a champion of employee, contractor, and community safety and compliance in an OSHA PSM-regulated operating environment.
Management & Administration
- Manages all facets of facility operation, with safety and reliability being primary focus
- Ensures timely and cost-efficient receipt and shipment of Product
- Coordinates and administers all emergency, preventative and contract maintenance
- Manages, coordinates, provides leadership to and evaluates work of facility personnel Administers recordkeeping which includes shipping and receiving documentation and product quality, shrink and inventory records
- Trains and develops Operators, Supervisors and Clerks in appropriate skill areas and safe operations
- Follows and/or complies with all CF, Federal, State and local regulations and develops professional working relationships with regulatory agencies
- Maintains regulatory documentation as required (i.e.; OSHA, DOT, State)
- Assists in troubleshooting at facility (or at other facilities, if needed)
- Maintains appropriate inventory
Assumes responsibility for all facility safety requirements, which include:
- coordinating all inspections and maintenance of safety equipment
- monitoring facility safety habits and maintenance procedures
- remaining current in first aid training and Process Safety Management for hazardous materials
- actively participating in training exercises with area first responders and emergency personnel
Supports the corporate EHS policy and its programs.
Successful incumbents will have:
High School diploma, or equivalent, is a minimum requirement; college degree preferred. Must have experience with NH3 storage and handling and/or dry product warehousing. A comprehensive knowledge of maintenance procedures; particularly, a thorough understanding of compressors and pumps is required. Experience managing people and processes. Good written and oral communications skills are essential. Familiarity with business use of personal computers for order processing preferable. Word processing and software skills preferable. Must be able to perform and work with the following physical requirements:
- Lift and move equipment weighing approximately 80 pounds
- Climb extension ladder to 24 feet or to perform work on six- to eight-foot stepladders
- Mobility to kneel, bend, squat and stoop when required, or reach and extend arms to work in tight spaces
- Capable of standing for prolonged periods and walking on various surfaces for a distance
- Capable of wearing personal protective equipment
- Perform in varying weather conditions and temperatures
This position is responsible for assets valued from $5 to $20 million in addition to inventory valued from $5 to $40 million. This position plays a vital role in the success of CF, through safe storage and timely distribution of product. In addition, one of the main products handled may be NH3, which is a hazardous material. Therefore, the safety of employees, as well as the surrounding community, is the ultimate responsibility of the superintendent.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.