Location: Claremore, Oklahoma
Business Area: Engineering and Engineering Services
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:The Engineering Manager is vital in leading and coordinating project, process, and plant engineering teams activities within the Complex, focusing on ensuring safe and reliable equipment operation within fiscal budgets. They oversee a team that fosters collaboration and ensures compliance with codes, standards, and asset integrity programs. This safety-sensitive position involves collaboration with other department Managers and networking with Engineering Managers across CF Industries for knowledge and best practices sharing.
See what your future holds.
CF industries’ mission is to provide clean energy to sustainably feed and fuel the world. Our focus on building a culture of quality work, long-term thinking, and supportive communities means we offer the perfect place to learn and improve at what you do while positively impacting the world.
You are intelligent and ethical, and many people consider you resourceful. When you join CF industries, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge, and diverse talents together to deliver meaningful work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas.
What You’ll Do - Example Activities:
- Ensure compliance with corporate and facility EHS policies throughout the department and engage in action item follow-ups from investigations and audits.
- Actively support established EHS initiatives and propose and develop new initiatives.
- Enhance incident reduction through engagement and accountability for safety performance.
- Coordinate engineering staff to fulfill departmental goals, including training, performance management, and reporting.
- Uphold ethical standards, develop a competent technical team, and identify high-potential individuals.
- Mentor personnel for supervisory and management roles.
- Assist in workforce planning and recruitment.
- Administer the annual department budget and participate in facility budgeting.
- Manage the site's capital budget process, including project identification, prioritization, scope development, approval, and reporting.
- Plan and execute engineering work for capital projects, ensuring compliance with specifications and codes.
- Support plant operation with technical expertise, energy efficiency monitoring, and proposing improvements.
- Ensure accurate reporting and record-keeping and support the Management of Change process.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analyses and routine plant maintenance.
- Manage document control and participate in crisis communication.
- Establish and implement internal control processes.
- Ensure compliance with relevant codes and standards.
- Encourage efficiency, productivity, and quality improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Metallurgical or Process Engineering.
• Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in a PSM standard-covered plant, preferred petrochemical, refining, or related industry experience.
• Extensive technical and supervisory skills, project management, and communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization,
• Proficient in applicable codes and regulations.
- Passion for inspiring teams to strive for SAFETY and OPERATIONAL excellence continuously.
- Proven track record of successfully leading teams to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to lead and engage teams by driving results through effective communication and collaboration while sustaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Teamwork readiness with the ability to positively influence peers and other team members.
- Highly skilled in team building and talent recruiting, identifying, and developing.
- Interpersonal and influential skills.
- A solid ethical approach.
- Problem-solving experience with extensive analytical and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated mindset.
- Engineering knowledge and work experience.
- An eagerness to learn and improve systems and processes.
- Experience in plant projects from concept to commissioning.
- Capital plan budget development and management.
- Continuous plant improvement experience.
- Senior leadership team experience with a business strategic view and commitment to the broader CF team.
- Financial aptitude and compliance behavior.
- Project Management qualifications with experience in managing large capital projects execution.
Total Rewards at CF
We offer competitive compensation, with all employees eligible to receive a bonus and access to a retirement plan(s). In addition, we provide comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits and well-being programs and incentives to help meet your physical, financial, emotional, and work-related goals.
CF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive workforce where everyone is valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, creed or religion, age, disability (including pregnancy), results of genetic testing, service in the military, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.