Location: Northbrook, Illinois
Business Area: Human Resources
Schedule: Full Time
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:The Benefits Analyst III is responsible for assisting with the administration of all health & welfare (H&W) benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, and time-off. Supports ongoing HRIS administration, user acceptance testing related to annual enrollment, ad hoc changes, reporting and approvals for life event benefit election changes. The incumbent also supports plant HR personnel with Benefits questions and aids in the implementation, communication, and inquiries related to all benefit programs.
- Responds to benefit inquiries from employees relating to enrollments, plan changes, life events, contribution amounts, and claim issues.
- Assists HR coordinator with questions on the processing of benefits vendor invoices, and supporting data to ensure accuracy to meet internal audit guidelines.
- HRIS review and approval of benefit elections for new hires and life event changes.
- Coordinates administration of retiree health program with third party vendor, including all ongoing communication and premium reconciliation. Monitors retiree eligibility and issues appropriate communication about plan and cost.
- Assists with management of H&W vendors to meet timelines and deliverables.
- Assists with new hire orientations, including providing ideas on improvement and new approach in content, format and delivery.
- Participates in preparation and communication to employees about benefit programs, procedures, claims and any other government mandated disclosures.
- Responsible for open enrollment system testing, accuracy and coordination of benefit vendor files.
- Works with H&W Manager to provide employees guidance on appeals process for both H&W and retirement plans.
- Supports and assists with compliance activities for all H&W plans.
- Coordinates non-discrimination testing for Flexible Spending Accounts and corrective actions, if needed.
- Documents H&W administrative processes and procedures and keeps information current for internal audit purposes.
- Position Reports To: Mgr, Benefits
- Subordinate Positions: N/A
- Education: BS/BA in a related field or equivalent experience typically required to complete all essential job functions.
- Years of experience: Typically, 4 or more years of related professional work experience is required to complete all essential job functions. May represent the level at which career may stabilize for many years or until retirement.
- Other unique job relevant attributes: Workday experience and either CEBS designation or some completion of CEBS exams
- Breadth of Scope: Scope is typically in support of the Company’s core business and within a single functional area or work team but may be part of a large functional area or enterprise-wide. Typically performs increased coordination and interaction with multiple functions. Impact is generally limited to the functional area(s) supported.
- Communications and Interpersonal Skills: Regularly communicates both in writing and verbally. Communicates with internal and external customers and others related to work function such as a vendor. Information exchanged may require advanced knowledge in area of expertise. Moderate influence and persuasion are likely with colleagues.
- Complexity: Regularly uses moderate level of logic, reasoning by examining multiple perspectives and critical thinking to assess situations. Generally, works with increasingly complex challenges or problems. Work involves detailed planning of own activities and immediate work team and may include coordination and project management of resources from other teams.
- Decision Making Authority: Decisions are made using discretion, independent judgment, and logic along with experience from prior experiences/learnings. Able to solve moderately complex problems normally encountered in functional area. There may be applicable established policies and procedures, but employees are required to engage in critical thinking and analysis to make decisions.
- Financial Accountability: Decisions made may impact profit or loss and are reflective of the independent judgment, logic and rationale for making such decisions.
- Strategic Influence: May impact the execution or achievement of short-term strategic initiatives but is not involved in the planning process.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.